Monday, February 9, 2009

Slice of My Life...Do you want a piece?

Large appliances are not liking me lately.
Again with the stupid ice maker. It's time for a new one. I am just going to get the serial number off the side of my fridge and order one direct. I think it's a pretty easy fix. It's held in by two screws.
I hope I order the right part.

Tonight, the dryer made a horrible noise. To me, it just sounds like the belt came loose or broke. The drum makes a grinding sound.
Kent will take a look at it when he gets time.

I only had one load and didn't see any reason to take the car that is having transmission issue out for one load so I drug out the drying rack we have that we usually hang the wet winter outerwear on and the swimming stuff.
It holds quite a bit but I still needed more space. Ian helped me McGuiver the broom pole and a rope on the wide door frame between the living room and the dining room to hand my shirts and pants on hangers to dry. They won't be Downy soft, but at least I won't have to lug them to the laundry mat. I put the fan on them.
It is actually kinda soothing to me to hang clothes to dry the old fashioned way but I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis. My back and neck are killing me tonight too which didn't help any.
I don't like the way clothes feel dried that way. Stiff as a board.
I'm not going to panic or worry. The dryer will get fixed or replaced. I just hope it doesn't take too long. It won't take long for the laundry to back up.

Our dishwasher isn't running too great either. It's really time to replace it soon.
Seems like we need all the expensive sh*t all at once!
I'm trying to keep in mind that the good Lord always seems to provide.
There is a part of me that thinks it sucks though. We can't ever get ahead it seems.
It could be a lot worse though.
I'm grateful for what I do have. It's kind of irritating when the stuff breaks down though.

So what about you?
Does it seem as if everything breaks at once?

0 comments: